Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Community

I wish I was an expert on anxiety because I spent years studying it due to it's interesting nature - not because I struggle with it daily. I started this blog to get my thoughts out, keep family updated and have a place to talk about what no one wants to talk about, the struggles in life. I have been encouraged by so many people who ask me how I am doing, pray for me, send me cards, shoot me emails, etc. Community helps. The more people that know, the less you are in hiding and the more free you can be. Thank you for reading my thoughts, hopes, dreams and fears.

Other people walking the same road......

"I read one of your blogs about your anxiety issues. I feel like I have some issues with stuff like that. For now, I'm not taking anything which seems to be the best. Taking pills seems to freak me out and make me go kind of crazy. Anyways, the point is.. sometimes I feel lost and freaked out by the world and worried that I am going to scare my wonderful fiance off. Thank you for sharing your stories. It makes me feel like I'm not so alone."

"I know I haven't said anything (or better yet commented) but from the bottom of my heart your blogs have been a blessing to me. For the last 5 years I have struggled with horrible, debilitating anxiety. With a lot of prayer and work it gets better every day. At times breathing was hard and unwanted. Your words of truth and honesty are refreshing."

Share your struggles. Let others help you. Be helpful to others. 

~Erin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment